January is the perfect time to talk consumer electronics.
Holiday gifts are unwrapped and users are engrossed in the newest tech and gadgets. Or perhaps they have a wandering eye for after-holiday deals and overstock. In the Northern Hemisphere, winter has set in, and passive time with personal electronics increases as people spend less time outside.
Meanwhile CES, the world's largest consumer electronics tradeshow, returns in 2021 - albeit in a reimagined format due to the pandemic. It is a chance to look at the innovations and devices that bring the information age to life.
So join Electronics360 from January 3 to 16, 2021, as we feature articles and analysis around consumer electronics. From 5G to displays, circuit and hardware design to robots and vehicles and doorbells and more.
Feature article index
January 3 to 9
- What happened to LCD TVs?
- Fundamentals of OLED displays
- Getting the most from 5G in 2021
- CES 2021: Meet some of the robots coming to the show
- Fundamentals of smart watches
- CES 2021 preview: Cool gadgets, gear and apps
January 10 to 16
- Video: Haptic touchpad brings a new feel to laptops at CES
- CES 2021: Tiny temperature sensor for multiple use cases
- What is jitter in electronics design?
- The era of mini-LED TVs begins at CES 2021
- The coolest technology from Day 1 of CES 2021
- All the cool stuff from Day 2 of CES 2021
- All the 5G news from CES 2021
- A sampling of COVID-19 tech debuting at CES 2021
- CES 2021: 5 hot automotive innovations
- CES 2021: A CES unlike most others