Excelitas Technologies Corp. has expanded its series of laser warning detectors with a sensor for airborne and land vehicles’ laser warning systems.
The EXACTD-332 provides an angle-of-arrival (AoA) resolution of +/- 6° and spectral sensitivity from 500 nm to 1650 nm for the detection of all laser threat applications including target designation, laser range finding, SAL laser guidance and any active laser on electro-optics payload.
The laser warning detectors provide precise information from direct and indirect scatter light, the module makes use of five element Si and inGaAs detector arrays assembled in a sandwich configuration. Each module includes two isolated arrays providing individual high- and low-sensitivity channels.
The first array is a high quantum efficiency over the full wavelength range, while the optical signal is attenuated optically before reaching the second array by about 15 dB, further extending the dynamic range for detection of high-power laser pulses.
Features of the sensor include:
- Spectral sensitivity range of 500 nm to 1650 nm.
- Three-bit design for precise AoA encoding.
- ±6° AoA accuracy — in either azimuth or elevation.
- FOV is ±45° for both azimuth and elevation angles.
- Low- and high-sensitivity channels for wide dynamic range.
- Two reference channels provided in each photodiode array for baseline signal level determination.
- Manufactured using fully automated robotic technology.