Ian Fogg, Senior Director for Mobile & Telecoms at IHS, talks about the changing landscape for both mobile operators and handset OEMS.
Foog provides insight into the implications of factors such as reduced replacement cycles for mobile handsets (vs. other types of consumer goods), competition between hardware vendors, and demand for content services on mobile operators’ strategies. He discusses the evolution of the handset market, and why once dominant hardware vendors such as Ericsson, Motorola, and Nokia, have given way to smartphone vendors such as Apple and Samsung. He also analyzes the role of ecosystem and vertical integration, and provides insight into the characteristics of the next generation of challengers for this lucrative market.
As senior director and head of the IHS Mobile and Telecommunications team, Ian Fogg directs research, consulting, analysis, and forecasting of the mobile and telecoms market. Fogg has delivered custom consultancy and presentations for global companies headquartered in Europe, North America and Asia covering ideation, roadmap validation, market sizing, disruptive strategy, and competitor analysis, among other areas.
For more information, please visit the IHS Technology website.
- IHS Technology Telecommunications Page
- The New World Order of Smartphone Designs and Costs
- Mobile and Related Technologies Revolutionizing Our World
- Understanding the Forthcoming Changes in Mobile Memory
- Exclusive Video Teardown: Microsoft Surface Pro 2
- ISSCC: FDSOI Takes DSP Down to 400mV
- Q4 PC Shipments Disappoint as Anticipated Uptick Proves a No-show
- Semiconductor Sales Up 4.8 Percent in 2013