TechInsights Teardown: Amazfit GTS 4
Wearables have become a huge market across a wide range of applications like consumer electronics, fitness, music players, hearables, navigation and much more.
Fitness bands have become a huge market on their own as they monitor a person’s heart rate and oxygen intake, but some are sophisticated enough to monitor other bodily functions and sleep. So, in the fitness community these bands have become increasingly popular for tracking exercise efforts.
The Amazfit GTS 4 smartwatch is one of numerous wearables in the fitness sector with the company having a whole portfolio of watches. These range from stylish watches for everyday use to fitness bands that are used specifically for exercise. The watch includes a dual core ARM microcontroller, PSRAM memory and 1.76 inch AMOLED.
The following is a partial deep dive of the Amazfit GTS 4 smartwatch from TechInsights.
- 1.76 inch AMOLED glass 450 x 390 pixels
- 16,777,216 colors
- 8 MB mobile PSRAM
Released: September 2022
Target market: Fitness/wearables
The main board of the Amazfit GTS 4 smartwatch includes the dual-core ARM Cortex-M33 microcontroller from NXP Semiconductors, mobile PSRAM memory from AP Memory and serial flash memory from Winbond. Other electronic components found on the board include:
- AMOLED display power supply from Advanced Analog Technology
- 300 mA/3.3 V LDO regulator from OmniVision
- Power management and battery fuel gauge from Analog Devices
- MEMS Microphone from Knowles
- Load switch from GLF Integrated Power
- Wi-Fi 4 and Bluetooth 5.0 SoC from Broadcom
- GNSS receiver from Airoha Technology
- GPS L5 LNAS from Infineon
- Three-axis electronic compass from AKM Semiconductor
The touchscreen board includes the semiconductors needed to operate the touchscreen system inside the Amazfit GTS 4 smartwatch. The electronic components include Texas Instruments’ ambient light sensor, capacitive touchscreen controller from Parade Technologies and an AMOLED display driver from Raydium semiconductor.
The subsidiary board inside the Amazfit GTS 4 smartwatch contains the following components:
- ST Microelectronics’ six-axiz MEMS accelerometer and gyroscope
- Kioxia’s 4 GB MLC NAND flash memory
- Goodix’s 2.1 W class-D audio power amplifier and speaker protection
- $17.13 — 60 Hz display/touchscreen subsystem (Qty: 1)
- $4.99 — Dual-core ARM Cortex-M33 microcontrollers — NXP Semiconductors (Qty: 1)
- $2.74 — Wi-Fi 4 and Bluetooth 5.0 SoC — Broadcom (Qty: 1)
- $2.13 — GNSS Receiver — Airoha Technology (Qty: 1)
- $1.75 — MCL NAND flash memory — 4GB — Kioxia (Qty: 1)
- $1.31 — Pulse oximeter/heart rate sensor — Analog Devices (Qty: 1)
- $1.14 — Battery subsystem — Eve Energy (Qty: 1)
- $1.06 — Haptic feedback IC (Qty: 1)
- $0.81 — Two-layer flex (Qty: 1)
- $0.80 — Speaker (Qty: 1)