TDK Corp. has introduced a family of 2D Hall-effect position sensors designed for embedded motor control, safe motor controllers, e-motors, electric brake booster and electromechanical braking (EMB) applications.
The family initially consists of two members, the HAL 3020 and HAL 3021, and features differential and single-ended sine and cosine analog outputs for standard angle calculation by external microcontrollers.
The sensors can measure a full 360° rotational angle by evaluating vertical magnetic-field components. The HAL 3020 uses an array of three horizonal Hall plates while HAL 3021 uses six. Both sensors also suppress external DC and AC magnetic stray fields.
Other features include:
- SEooC ASIL C ready
- EMC differential and single-ended SIN/COS analog output signals
- On-chip calibration capability and integrated safety monitoring
- Programmable magnetic-field range between 5 and 250 mT
- Operates from 3.0 V up to 5.5 V supply voltage
- High output bandwidth for applications up to 150,000 rpm
- Operates from -40° Celsius up to 170° C junction temperature
- Programming via the sensor’s output pin.
- Programmable at module level
- Overvoltage and reverse-voltage protection