Newark, a division of Avnet Inc., has introduced a Raspberry Pi 4 starter kit for the Model B developer board.
The kit includes the 4 GB Raspberry Pi 4 Model B computer board, power supply, 16 GB class 10 micro SD card, two micro high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) cables for dual display and the choice of a black or white case.
Newark said the starter kit allows an out-of-the-box experience for first-time users and customers looking to reduce product development times.
The Raspberry Pi 4 Model B computer offers enhancements to processor speed, multimedia, performance, memory and connectivity that will help makers, engineers and tinkerers to develop embedded applications such as computer vision and artificial intelligence (AI).
Key features of the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B computer include:
- Broadcom BCM2711 quad-core A72 64 bit system-on-chip
- 4 GB low-power double data rate 4 (LPDDR4) synchronous dynamic random access memory (SDRAM)
- Bluetooth 5.0, wireless local area network (WLAN) 2.4 GHz/5.0 GHz and gigabit ethernet connectivity
- Two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports
- 40 pin general-purpose input/output (GPIO) header connection
- Dual micro HDMI ports (up to 4Kp60 UHD supported)
- H.265 decode (4kp60) H.264 decode (1080p60)
- Mobile industry processor interface (MIPI) display serial interface (DSI) port, CSI camera port and four pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled (PoE HAT required, sold separately)
- 5V 3A USB-C power supply required