Littelfuse Inc. has announced a series of low capacitance TVS diode arrays (SPA diodes) optimized to protect high-speed differential data lines from electrostatic discharge (ESD), cable discharge events (CDE), electrical fast transients (EFT) and lightning-induced surges, keeping network communications reliable by safeguarding signal integrity.
The company said its SP3384NUTG series can protect up to four channels against up to 15 A (IEC 61000-4-5 second edition) and up to ±30 kV ESD (IEC 61000-4-2) and is available in a compact μDFN package. The combination of low capacitance and low clamping voltage makes the SP3384NUTG a robust protection solution for 2.5G/5G/10G Ethernet high-speed data interfaces without signal degradation, resulting in high reliability for a variety of applications.
Typical markets and applications for the SP3384NUTG series TVS diodes include:
- Datacenter and telecom — 2.5G/5G/10G Ethernet, WAN/LAN equipment, 5G wireless backhaul
- Industrial — Low-voltage differential signaling (LVDS) interfaces, integrated magnetics
- Consumer electronics — desktops, servers and notebooks
“Building upon similar footprints in 1GbE and 5GbE applications, the SP3384NUTG expands our portfolio to fill a market need for ultra-strong ESD and surge protection for today’s fastest 10GbE consumer ethernet solutions,” said Tim Micun, director of business development, TVS diode arrays (SPA diodes). “It is also packaged in a compact configuration that is familiar to the datacenter, telecom and consumer electronics industries.”
According to Littelfuse, the SP3384NUTG series TVS diode arrays offer the following key benefits
- Low capacitance (0.5 pF per I/O) and low clamping voltage (4 V at Ipp = 1 A) preserves signal integrity and minimizes data loss while offering a more robust device against electrical threat
- Compact μDFN packaging (3.0 x 2.0 mm) is optimized for protection of high-speed differential data line
- Provides protection for two differential data pairs (four channels) against up to 15
- Exceeds the maximum IEC standards requirement for ESD protection, ensuring product reliability
The SP3384NUTG 3.3 V 15 A series is provided in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.