Littelfuse Inc. has introduced two series of bidirectional TVS diode arrays (SPA diodes) designed to protect ultra-high-speed consumer electronics interfaces from damaging electrostatic discharge (ESD) in applications where PCB layout is especially challenging. The SP3208-01UTG, the first TVS diode array in the SP3208 series, is mechanically optimized to deliver consistently ultra-low capacitance (nominally 0.08 pF). The SP3213-01UTG, the first SP3213 series device, offers an option for highly cost-conscious ESD protection solutions.
Both of these “Ultimate Ultra-Low Capacitance ESD Protection” devices are AEC-Q101-qualified, employ the same base die and can safely absorb repetitive ESD strikes at ±12 kV without performance degradation and dissipate 2 A of 8/20 μs surge current.
Typical applications for SP3208 and SP3213 series TVS diode arrays include:
- Ultra-high-speed data lines and interfaces, such as USB 3.2, 3.1, 3.0, 2.0, HDMI 2.1. 2.0, 1.4a, 1.3, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt and V-by-One
- Low power antenna ports
- Consumer, mobile and portable electronics
- Tablet PCs and external storage with high-speed interfaces
SP3208 and SP3213 series TVS diode arrays offer these key benefits:
- Sub-0.1 pF silicon-based ESD protection allows for passbands as high as 30 GHz, enabling high signal integrity for the world’s fastest data interfaces.
- Industry-standard 0201DFN packaging with internal construction enhancements reduce parasitic capacitance, inductance and resistance, making these TVS diode arrays easier to model into a protection scheme.
- Lower parasitic capacitance and inductance permit better dynamic resistance performance, protecting the circuit faster and better.
SP3208 and SP3213 series TVS diode arrays are available in surface-mount µDFN-2 (0201) packages in tape and reel format in quantities of 15,000. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.