Maxim Integrated unveiled a new family of microcontrollers (MCUs) are designed specifically for the evolving internet of things (IoT). The Darwin MCU family of smart controllers, designed with Maxim’s wearable technology, combine the biggest embedded memories in their class and advanced cybersecurity with high power efficiency to allow the design of smart IoT products and wearables without running out of code space or battery life.
Some of the main features of the Darwin family include:
- Very low active mode and SRAM retention power. Power management to maximize uptime for battery applications.
- Large embedded memory.
- External memory interfaces allow the user to run code from external sources.
- Multiple interfaces are provided: SPI, UART, I2C, 1-Wire master and USB.
- Six 32-bit timers, three watchdog timers, 40 GPIO, 10-bit ADC and others
The Darwin family consists of the following MCUs
- MAX32660: Ultra-Small, 256 KB Flash, 96 KB SRAM
- MAX32620, MAX32621: 2 MB Flash, 256 KB SRAM
- MAX32625, MAX32626: 512 KB Flash, 160 KB SRAM
- MAX32630, MAX32631: 2 MB Flash, 512 KB SRAM
- Fitness monitors
- Industrial sensors
- Portable medical devices
- Sports watches
- Wearable medical patches