Littelfuse, Inc. today introduced two series of AEC-Q101-qualified TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes). The AQHV and AQHV-C series are designed to provide very fast acting, high-performance over-voltage protection devices ideally suited for power interfaces, passenger charging interfaces, as well as LED lighting modules and low speed I/Os.
The 200W discrete AQHV Series (unidirectional) and AQHV-C (bidirectional) protect sensitive equipment from damage due to electrostatic discharge (ESD) and other overvoltage transients. Both series can safely absorb repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum level required by international standards without performance degradation and safely dissipate up to 8A (for AQHV12) of induced surge current with very low clamping voltages.
Typical applications for AQHV and AQHV-C Series TVS Diode Arrays include:
- ESD protection for automotive electronics.
- LED lighting modules.
- Mobile/handheld devices.
- CAN BUS (drive-by-wire).
- LIN BUS. RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces.
- General-purpose low-speed I/Os.
- Portable instrumentation.
AQHV and AQHV-C Series TVS Diode Arrays offer these key benefits:
- ESD protection up to ±30kV and surge protection up to 8A helps equipment manufacturers comply with and exceed industry standards, extending equipment life and system uptime.
- Low dynamic resistance provides up to 60 percent lower clamping voltages than alternative technologies, offering an ideal solution for protecting modern electronics filled with small-geometry ICs.
- The silicon diodes used in their construction are capable of handling >1,000 ESD strikes or surge transients without performance degradation in contrast with alternative technologies that have an inherent wear-out factor.
AQHV and AQHV-C Series TVS Diode Arrays are provided in SOD-882 (0402) surface mount packages and are available in quantities of 10,000 in tape and reel format. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
For More Information
Additional information is available on the AQHV Series TVS Diode Arrays product page and the AQHV-C Series SPA TVS Diode Arrays product page. For technical questions, please contact: Tim Micun, Director of TVS Diode Arrays at Littelfuse, TMicun@littelfuse.com.