The following is an overview of a teardown analysis conducted by TechInsights.
Samsung’s flagship Soundbar wireless smart speaker and home audio system was overwhelmingly considered one of the best wireless sound systems on the market when it was launched in 2019.
In fact, it made many best of lists from reviewers due to its immersive sound quality, Dolby integrated technology and easy installation.
Samsung Soundbar includes a main smart speaker along with a left and right speaker as well as a subwoofer. The sound system is designed for those homeowners who want to add high-quality audio to their home entertainment system.
The Soundbar includes a dual-core SHARC + audio processor, SDRAM and a host of connectivity options including HDMI, Bluetooth, USB and more. It comes with a remote control and internal 4 GB of memory for storage.
The following is a partial deep dive of the Samsung Soundbar Q90R conducted by TechInsights.
- 1.15 inch OLED 96/97 pixels
- 768 MB DDR3 SDRAM
- Dual core SHARC + audio processor
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, HDMI output, HDMI input, optical audio input
Target market: Smart home
Released: May 2019
Wi-Fi subsystem board
The connectivity board of the Samsung Soundbar Q90R includes non-volatile serial flash memory at 256 KB and a dual-band 2x2 MIMO Wi-Fi 802.11ac/BT 4.2 system-on-chip from Qualcomm.
Left audio transceiver board
The left audio speaker includes a transceiver board with the following components integrated:
- Serial flash memory – 256 KB from Fudan Microelectronics
- 300 mA/adjustable LDO regulator from Diodes Inc.
- Wireless audio processor from SMSC
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11/a/b/g RF transceiver from Airoha Technology
Subwoofer audio transceiver board
The subwoofer of the Samsung Soundbar Q90R includes many of the same components of the left and right audio speakers including the memory from Fudan, the LDO regulator from Diodes, wireless audio process from SMSC and the RF transceivers from Airoha.
- $67.17 – Subwoofer woofer subsystem (Qty 1)
- $61.55 – Speaker (Qty 5)
- $43.51 – Main enclosure (Qty 1)
- $43.07 – Top enclosure (Qty 1)
- $30.76 – Speaker (Qty 4)
- $23.07 – Speaker (Qty 3)
- $22.76 – Bottom enclosure (Qty 1)
- $22.10 – Front cover (Qty 1)
- $13.61 – Subwoofer PSU subsystem – Powernet (Qty 1)
- $12.46 – Thermal pad (Qty 14)