The Microban Split Design Keyboard is one of several peripherals with built-in antimicrobial protection offered by Fellowes. Additional features include an ergonomic design, a 16-character buffer designed to support fast typists and hot keys for multimedia control and one-touch internet access.
[Discover Fellowes products on Engineering360.]
The following is an overview of a teardown analysis conducted by IHS Technology Teardown Services.
- Microban antimicrobial keyboard
- USB wired
- Etched keys with paint infilled
Target market: Computer accessory
Pricing: Varies. Amazon list price is $77.49; IHS Markit reports online retailers offering as low as $36.80.
Total manufacturing cost: $16.94 (including direct materials and manufacturing)
- Enclosure, main, top, injection molded polystyrene, printed — (Qty: 1)
- Enclosure, main, bottom, injection molded polystyrene — (Qty: 1)
- Hot key/main PCB housing, injection molded plastic, printed — (Qty: 1)
- Enclosure, main, bottom cover, injection molded plastic — (Qty: 1)
- Box, corrugated cardboard, printed — (Qty: 1)
- Hot key plunger, injection molded TPE, w/ seven carbon contact pads — (Qty: 1)
- USB cable, USB type A plug, 6.2 ft, w/ one four-position pin socket connector and cable lug, heat shrink tubing and ferrite core and two cable ties — (Qty: 1)
- Hot key/main PCB housing bottom plate, injection molded plastic — (Qty: 1)
- Hot key button, injection molded plastic, painted — (Qty: 7)
- Hinge stand, injection molded plastic — (Qty: 2)
[Discover Holtek Semiconductor products on Engineering360.]