Keysight Technologies Inc. has introduced an integrated design and simulation software for engineers developing radio frequency and microwave solutions that are of higher frequencies and complexities.
Called the PathWave Advanced Design System 2023, the software includes electromagnetic simulation for circuit designers and streamlines integration of multi-technology circuit assembly and simulation into enterprise electronic design automation (EDA) design workflows.
The system enables RF and microwave product development teams to address signal complexity, design densification, multi-technology integration and frequencies moving to 60 GHz and beyond.
The electromagnetic simulation features include:
- Automation of EM-circuit co-simulation setup.
- Advanced EM solves and meshing technologies.
- Integration of EDA software from Cadence, Synopsys and Ansys.
The PathWave enhancements include:
- Automation of 3D multi-technology assembly for routing and verification.
- Enhanced management of design databases for multi-technology structures.
- Python and Microsoft Visual Studio scripting, debugging, automation, processing, utilization and visualization.