With chip design becoming more technologically advanced with new features becoming available for chipmakers, design software needs to keep pace.
To help in this regard, Number One Systems has released the latest version of its Easy-PC version 25 that includes 25 new features based on user requests from professional printed circuit board (PCB) designers.
The software includes features required to create schematics, PCB layout and manufacturing output to allow chip designers to design PCBs much quicker. Additionally, a set of libraries that can be altered and extended is included along with the Component Search Engine with more than 15 million parts available to download and use for free.
The enhancements to the new Easy-PC version includes:
- Differential pairs — Length matching supported by Easy-PC has been added to enable definition, parameters, addition, editing, checking and reporting. Once the pair of signals is identified in the design, differential pair option allows designers to start routing without further setup.
- The software adds methodology for specifying whether vias are to be tented. A tented via is one that is covered with solder resist during the manufacturing stage.
- New design rule checks — These have been added to check the design so errors can be found and adjusted at an earlier stage of the design process.
- Resize shape — Resizing can be both larger and smaller than the original shape selected. The ability has been added to grow or shrink area, board, copper or doc shapes.
- Other enhancements — Autoplace Component Names, Recent Used Components List, Copper Coverage Report and more.