The new Palomar 8100 wire bonder is a fully automated, thermosonic high-speed ball-and-stitch wire bonder capable of ball bumping and customized looping profiles. Based on Palomar’s proven wire bonder design developed by Palomar Technologies, the Palomar 8100 incorporates the latest productivity technology and operator ergonomics.
- Large complex hybrids
- HB/HP LED arrays
- Optoelectronic packaging
- System in packages
- Specialty lead frames
- Automotive assemblies
- Flex circuits
- Multi-chip modules
- Fine pitch devices
- LEDs with running stitch
In addition to utilizing Palomar’s VisionPilot Pattern Referencing software for vision processing, programmers can improve yield and utilization by using Bond Data Miner. This Palomar proprietary software provides traceability of bond parameters and a clear overview of processes and performance. It also includes Vision Standardization, Palomar’s new software that calibrates images between different Palomar bonding systems, dramatically eliminating the time and cost associated with maintaining programs across multiple systems and numerous programs on a system over time.
Ergonomic features designed to increase operator efficiency and decrease fatigue include:
- An optimized wire-feed path for faster loading and full view of the wire during operation
- All user interaction points comfortably within operator reach
- Adjustable, articulating monitors and keyboard to cater to all operators, either sitting or standing
- Microscope available for use while the bonder is in operation
- Graphical real-time displays of all vital operations and gauges in one location
- Rapid, informed response by employing simple color-coded error signals for all situations
The Palomar 8100 wire bonder will be the focus of Palomar’s exhibit at iMAPS Virtual Exhibition from October 5 to October 8.