"Make the move to mobility" will be the theme of products and technologies presented by Mitsubishi Electric at CES 2018 during January 9-12, 2018, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
• The EMIRAI4 smart-mobility concept car features next-generation driving-assistance technologies, including the latest human machine interface (HMI) technology for safer, more comfortable interiors, a driver-monitoring system with a wide-angle camera to watch for drowsiness and other potentially unsafe driving behavior and an indicator system that projects illuminated warnings onto street surfaces to intuitively alert other vehicles and pedestrians of the car’s intended actions, such as opening a door.
• The demonstration car for the North American market will feature an advanced HMI that recognizes individual drivers by voice and provides front passengers with diverse assistance, foretelling increasingly closer links between people and their vehicles. Mitsubishi Electric will also present its safe-driving concept of using airborne drones to provide vehicles with data about road conditions when driving in bad visibility like off-road.
• A video will introduce the possibility of a value-added advanced location-based service, which is being discussed between HERE Technologies and Mitsubishi Electric.
Autonomous Driving Zone
This zone will showcase the xAUTO-US autonomous-driving vehicle, which is undergoing field testing on actual expressways.
• A demonstration video will introduce driving tests that are being conducted on public roads to confirm Mitsubishi Electric’s self-sensing and network-based driving technologies.
• The zone will also showcase high-accuracy 3D-mapping technologies and products.