GL Communications Inc. (Gaithersburg, Md.) announced today its enhanced End-to-End Wireless Network LAB Solutions (2G, 3G, 4G and IMS). GL’s 3G and LTE Lab Solution is enhanced to support voice, video and SMS calls with roaming user equipment (UE) in the network.
Jagdish Vadalia, a Senior Manager for product development of the company said, “GL's MAPS™ Wireless Lab Suite (2G, 3G, 4G, IMS) along with radio access elements is used to provide an advanced full-fledged network environment that enables users to test their applications, devices and services on simulated wireless infrastructure environment prior to deployment on a real-time network. The wireless lab test suite is an invaluable tool for protocol characterization and testing, performance measurement and training."
"The test suite can be used to simulate all or specific elements within wireless networks infrastructure using simple ready-to-use test bed setups. The test systems allow for simultaneous execution of various test cases across networks. It also allows for performance and conformance testing compliant with 3GPP standards.”
He added, “Recent enhancement to MAPS™ Wireless Lab Suite (2G, 3G, 4G, IMS) includes the ability to simulate roaming procedures across 3G and 4G networks. Roaming 3G/4G UEs ensures that a traveling wireless device (typically a cell phone) is connected to the network continuously without losing the connection.
"With GL’s Wireless Network Lab, you can simply simulate roaming 3G/4G UEs and test certain functionalities by automatically placing and receiving voice calls, sending and receiving data, or accessing other services when traveling within or out of the geographical coverage area of the network. Real mobile phones can also be used with GL’s Wireless Network Lab suite to create a real-time wireless network environment.”
• Perform end-to-end testing across any network, mobile-to-mobile, mobile-landline and mobile HTTP web access simulation
• Set up a virtual real-time network simulating all the network elements provided in the architecture
• Any of the network elements in the above architecture can be replaced with user's DUT to perform single interface, multi-interface or wrap-around testing
• Circuit-switched traffic can be generated and recorded using RTP application
• Perform end-to-end testing supporting HTTP web access simulation
• Supports circuit switched fallback scenarios
• Supports simulation of roaming scenarios
• Supports VoLTE call simulation
• Supports call between users in different networks
• Supports SMS through SGs interface
• Supports SMS over IMS
• Supports IPSec, TLS and SRTP
• Supports simulation of invalid scenarios
• Supports bulk calls simulation
• Supports PDF report generation
• Supports impairing the protocol messages
• Supports detailed statistics and user-defined statistics
• Graphical representation of calls per second and maximum simultaneous calls