The enhanced MEGACO (H.248) Protocol Emulator referred to as MAPS™ MEGACO (H.248) Emulator from GL Communications (Gaithersburg, MD) simulates Trunking Gateway (TGW) and Residential Gateway (RGW) in hybrid TDM-IP network.
The signaling and call control protocol is used between the Media Gateway Controller (MGC) and Media Gateway (MG). The MGC uses MEGACO/H.248 to instruct MG about the events, media, signals to be played on terminations, to create a context, and to audit the status of the terminations involved in the conversion of media from one type of network, to the media required in other type of the network.
According to Jagdish Vadalia, a Senior Manager for product development, “GL’s MAPS™ MEGACO (H.248) Protocol Emulator supports Trunking Gateway and Residential Gateway simulation using binary based H.248 protocol and text based MEGACO protocol in Digital and Analog networks respectively. The binary encoding is based on Basic Encoding Rules (BER) description of the protocol and text encoding is based on Augmented Backus-Naur Form (ABNF) description.”
Important Features of MAPS™ for MEGACO/H.248 Emulator:
- Simulates MGC and MG
- Fully integrated, complete test environment for 2G, 3G networks
- Test scenarios to simulate TGW in digital network and RGW in Analog network
- Supports 500+ simultaneous bulk call generation with multiple T1/E1 cards in digital network and can also simulate more than 500+ analog lines in Analog network
- Supports end-to-end gateway testing
- Supported MEGACO/H.248 Packages are:
- Analog Line Supervision Package,
- RTP Package
- Generic Package
- DTMF Detection Package
- Call Progress Generator Package
- Network Package, etc.
- Supports protocol specific messages such as Add, Subtract, Notify, Modify, Move, ServiceChange, AuditValue, and AuditCapabilities
- Supports almost all industry standard codec types - G.711 (mu-Law and A-Law), G.722, G.729, G.726, GSM, AMR, EVRC, SMV, iLBC, SPEEX, and more. *AMR and EVRC variants require additional licenses
- High density call capabilities of up to 20,000 with traffic achievable per appliance (5000 calls per port)
- Supports Client-Server functionality requires additional license; clients supported are TCL, Python, VBScript, Java, and .Net
- MEGACO protocol test suite supporting conformance testing