Walmart, one of the largest retail outlets in the U.S., has launched two experiences in the metaverse through the online platform and video game “Roblox.”
Called Walmart Land and Walmart’s Universe of Play, the metaverse attractions will offer interactive content and entertainment to users bringing fashion, style, beauty and entertainment items directly to the global Roblox community of more than 52 million daily users.
Walmart Land will include a virtual store of merchandise for avatars, a Ferris wheel to get a glimpse of the world from above, and unlockable tokens and badges that can be earned through games and competitions. Walmart Land will also consist of:
- Electric Island — With an interactive piano walkway, a dance challenge and a Netflix trivia experience featuring Noah Schnapp and a DJ booth.
- House of Style — A virtual dressing room, a strike-a-pose challenge, an oversized cosmetics obstacle course and a roller-skating rink.
- Electric Fest – A special event in October for a motion-capture concert celebration featuring performances from Madison Beer, Kane Brown and YUNGBLUD.
Universe of Play
The other metaverse attraction will allow “Roblox” users to explore different toy worlds and earn coins for virtual goods or complete challenges to unlock secret codes.
The attraction will include:
- Immersive games — New games will offer products and characters from “L.O.L. Surprise!,” “Jurassic World,” “Paw Patrol,” “Magic Mixies” and Razor Scooters.
- Rewards — “Roblox” users will be able to collect virtual toys and earn coins for avatar “verch.”
- Virtual adventures — Players will get to use virtual hoverboards and drones to help guide them in the Walmart metaverse.