GlobalFoundries (GF) and Qualcomm are extending their collaboration for 5G multi-gigabit speed RF front-end devices.
The products are targeted at high cellular speeds, expanded coverage and power efficiency in form factors that can be fitted into next-generation 5G-enabled products.
The devices range from sub-6 GHz to millimeter wave (mmWave) technology for anything such as smartphones, computers, automobiles, network access points and other 5G connected products.
Meanwhile, GF has expanded its portfolio for the next wave of chip designs for smart mobile devices, data centers, internet of things (IoT) and automotive.
The GF devices include:
- RF-SOI sub 6 GHz solutions for 5G.
- FDX-RF solutions for 5G mmWave devices.
- Wi-Fi solutions for enhanced RF and power amplifier functionality.
- Display solutions for display driver ICs.
- Audio solutions for life-like sound quality with minimal noise or distortion.
- Imaging solutions for sensors with greater than 200 megapixels of resolution, HDR, slow-motion and low power for smartphone cameras.
Additionally, new chips include photonic solutions for the data center, micro displays for IoT and automotive chips