But to engineers, robots are not science fiction nor entertainment. Instead they are tools that help humans be safer, more efficient and more data driven.
Most importantly, robots are having a larger impact on industry, manufacturing and society in general, than ever before.
Which means that technologies to support them are growing, concerns about their security are increasing, and new questions are being asked — like, what exactly is a robot?
Answers might be found in some of the articles below.
Feature article index
- Cybersecurity for consumer robots
- New artificial muscle technology for robotics
- Challenges and opportunities in machine vision for robots
- Cybersecurity for industrial robots
- Will the robots take our jobs? (July 10)