Graphics cards are the lifeblood of gaming computers and the countless video game consoles that are sold every year.
The better the graphics card in the machine — along with the CPU and memory — the better the games run, thereby improving the gaming experience
Nvidia is one of the largest manufacturers of gaming processing units (GPUs) and graphics cards with its products available from most manufacturers. While not the most advanced processors on the market, the GeForce RTX 2080 Super is a mid-tier graphics card that will still allow most gamers the ability to play games at a high level.
The graphics card is based on the Nvidia Turing architecture and includes a 12 nm GPU along with 8 GB of GDDR6 SGRAM.
- Nvidia Turing architecture
- TU104-450-A1 12 nm GPU with ~545 mm3 in die area
- GB GDDR6 SGRAM
- ~2300 electronic components on main PCB
Target market: Gaming
Released: Q3, 2019
Pricing: MSRP USD $699.00
Total manufacturing costs: $411.76
1. Astron Technology Corp., 599FA20-Xn004D-H, jack, DisplayPort right angle with metal housing and mountain tab.
2. Astron Technology Corp., 699FA20-0n037D-H, jack, DisplayPort, right angle, high profile with metal housing and mountain tab.
3. Jack, USB, Type C, right angle with metal housing and mountain tab.
4. Astron Technology Corp., 3690019-355-H, jack, HDMI, Type A, right angle with metal housing and mountain spring.
5. Nvidia Corp., TU104-450-A1, GPU, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, 3072, shader processors, 4MN L2 cache, 250W, PCI Express 3.0 x 16, 12 nm FinFET.
6. Samsung Semiconductor, K4Z80325BC-HC 16, SGRAM, GDDR6, 1 GB.
7. Green Solution Technology Co. Ltd, GS9216, regulator, DC-DC converter, synchronous step-down, adjustable, 12 A, 100 kHz to 600 kHz, 1%.
8. On Semiconductor, FDMF3160, integrated power stage, MOSFET and driver.
9. UPI Semiconductor Corp., uP9612PQGJ, regulator, DC-DC controller, 8-phase, PWM, synchronous rectified buck, 2 MHz, support Nvidia OVR4i+.
1. ST Microelectronics, STM32F051K8U6, MCU, 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0, 48 MHz, 64 KB Flash, 8 KB SRAM, 16-channel 12-bit ADC, 1-channel 12-bit DAC, 55 I/Os
- $233.24 – GPU, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, 3072 shader processors, 4 MB L2 cache, 250 W, PCI Express 3.0 x 16, 12 nm FinFET. MFR: Nvidia Corp. (Qty. 1)
- $48.00 – SGRAM, GDDR6, 1 GB. MFR: Samsung Semiconductor (Qty. 8)
- 22.34 – Heatsink, copper powder-filled vapor chamber, plated, painted with 170 aluminum fins and four metal inserts (Qty. 1)
- $14.05 – 10-layer, FR4, lead-free. MFR: Wus Printed Circuit Co. (Qty. 1)
- $9.00 – Fan, DC brushless, 12 V, 0.60 A with four discrete insulated wires and one 4-position pin socket connector. MFR: Asia Vital Components (Qty. 2)
- $6.80 – Integrated power stage, MOSFET and driver. MFR: On Semiconductor (Qty. 8)
- $3.35 – Fan mounting bracket, die-cast aluminum, machined, anodized (Qty. 2)
- $2.95 – Heatsink/enclosure, main, bottom, die-cast aluminum, machined, anodized with diamond cut edges (Qty. 1)
- $2.90 – Heatsink/mountain plate, die-cast aluminum, black anodized with 15 metal inserts (Qty. 1)
- $2.77 – Enclosure, main, top, stamped/formed aluminum, machined, anodized with diamond cut edges (Qty. 1)