JFW Industries has introduced its newest USB-controlled programmable RF Attenuator. The 50P-2068 is adjustable from 0 to 31 dB in 1 dB increments and operates from 100 MHz to 18 GHz. A simple USB interface allows for easy programming and the software can be used to control multiple JFW USB components at once. Managed Dot Net 4.0 libraries and Python 3 support is also available.
USB Test Software Features:
- Test software manual available for download.
- Auto-discovery of any JFW USB attenuators connected to the computer.
- Control attenuator(s) using a slider bar, increment buttons or manually entering the attenuation value.
- Set persistent device names for better organization of complex test scenarios.
- Create test scripts that can control many attenuators.
- Fade and Handover commands can be executed in Sequential or Synchronous mode.
- Saving and loading of scripts in JSON format.
- Requires Microsoft Windows Vista or greater.
- Requires Dot Net Framework 4.0 or greater.
Python Library Available
To control the USB attenuators using Python instead of the standard Windows-based test program, JFW offers a Python library (jfwusb.py). Email the engineering department for the Python library and for examples.