A new RISC-V processor family has been rolled out by SiFive Inc. and designed to bring new methodologies to the next generation of wearables and smart consumer devices.
The P670 and P470 processors bring raw compute density for companies looking to upgrade from legacy ISAs. The processors will translate into cost savings for customers and raise the bar for designs in high volume markets like smart home, industrial automation, augmented and virtual reality and other consumer devices.
The RISC-V processor features include:
- Full, out-of-order, RISC-V vector implementation, based on the ratified RISC-V vector v1.0 specification.
- RISC-V vector cryptography extensions.
- SiFive WorldGuard system security.
- Full RISC-V RVA22 profile compliance.
- Advanced interrupt architecture (AIA) compliant interrupt controller, with better support for message signal interrupts (MSI) and virtualization.
- Enhanced scalability with fully coherent multi-core, multi-cluster, with support for up to 16 cores.
“These latest and powerful new processors give SiFive feature and performance advantages that will gain plenty of attention from device makers and consumers who want more from their devices,” said Todd R. Weiss, an analyst with Futurum Research. “SiFive has been growing its reputation for some time and is truly ready to shake up the marketplace.”