Networking startup Movandi has updated its line of 5G smart repeaters that are designed to help accelerate and reduce the costs of 5G millimeter wave (mmWave) deployments.
The updates to the BeamXR smart repeaters include expanded mmWave spectrum, sub-6 modules, new mesh indoor and outdoor software and cloud intelligence and outdoor solar powered smart repeater support.
The expanded mmWave frequency support includes:
- New chipsets for the Movandi MV395x for 39 GHz, MV285x 28 GHz and MV265x for 24/26 GHz.
- Movandi MV6055 for 60 GHz is sampling now with production slated for the first half of 2022.
- The chipsets include beamformer, up/down mixer and synthesizer with dual beam/dual polarization and fast beam switching.
The solar power beam repeater features include:
- Optimization for sub 20W power consumption.
- User of panels to power BeamXR to simplify 5G deployment.
- The repeaters can be used when there is limited or no electricity on a pole.
The indoor mmWave with new sub-6 GHz repeater modules features include:
- 16 receive antennas to improve indoor coverage and cut costs.
- Enable operators to use infrastructure and spectrum assets to expand indoor coverage.
- Demonstration of the repeater will begin in first quarter of 2022 with deployment in the second half of 2022.
Mesh software for indoor and outdoor features include:
- Repeater mesh is for indoor or outdoor areas with a cluster of 5G small cells to expand mmWave signal coverage.
- The signal is preserved and using cloud AI software decides the best propagation routes.
- Up to four repeaters can be cascaded without any degradation of noise floor.