Keysight Technologies Inc. has unveiled the MX0023A InfiniiMax RC, a new high-speed differential probing solution for double data rate 5 (DDR5) and low power double data rate 5 (LPDDR5).
As data rates of mobile bus systems increase, the edge speed of the signal gets faster, thus requiring higher bandwidth probe solutions. At the same time, many systems deploy a continuously variable termination mechanism, switching the termination impedance between low and high impedance, to save power consumption in devices. This requires a higher speed probing solution with high input impedance profile over wider frequency range for low probe loading. This is common signal behavior in high-speed mobile communication technologies typically deployed in DDR/LPDDR.
Keysight's new MX0023A InfiniiMax RC probe provides high bandwidth and low loading, offering up to 25 GHz bandwidth and an RC input impedance profile for extremely low mid-band loading, which is necessary to address modern high-speed probing requirements. It also provides a wide variety of flexible connectivity solutions, covering emerging signaling standards such as DDR5/LPDDR5 and other high-speed signal debug and validation test needs.
To ensure that Keysight Infiniium oscilloscope customers have access to the right probes and accessories for their applications, Keysight offers a wide selection of high-quality probes and accessories. The newest addition to this growing selection of probes is the Keysight MX0023A InfiniiMax RC, which offers customers the following key benefits:
- Delivers 25 GHz bandwidth with an RC input impedance topology for low mid-band probe loading.
- Enables today's emerging signaling standards including: LPDDR/DDR5, MIPI bus signaling and other high-speed signal debug and validation test needs.
- Offers probe amp specific S parameter correction filter enabling high accuracy measurements.
- Provides auto-switchable 1:1 and 4:1 attenuation ratio at full 25 GHz bandwidth.
- Support for Keysight's broad variety of probe heads and InfiniiMax I/II accessories.
- AutoProbe II interface for easy direct connection to Keysight's Infiniium series oscilloscopes.
Availability and pricing
- MX0023A InfiniiMax differential RC probe amp is available now for $26,000.
- MX0105A differential SMA head is available now for $3,500.
- MX0106A differential solder-in head is available now for $1,300.