With the expansion of the internet of things and other wireless devices, design engineers need robust, flexible and convenient testing tools. The Frontline x240 wireless protocol analyzer is a versatile test device, lightweight (1.5 lb), easily portable, custom-configurable and linkable to increase the number of technologies tested simultaneously.
The paperback-size device captures information streaming between wireless devices using Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and 802.15.4 technologies. It can capture up to 16 logic channels and can be USB-powered, increasing its portability. The Frontline X240 can be configured with any combination of supported wireless technologies, and multiple devices with different configurations can be connected, allowing testing of multiple technologies simultaneously. Wired capture via user-configurable eight-channel HCI UART/logic pods will be available soon.
Other key features and benefits include the following:
- Faster root cause analysis on Bluetooth protocol
- All Bluetooth profiles and protocols supported through latest specification
- Manual and automatic gain controls
- Live or post-capture decryption and analysis
- Spectrum analysis helps identify potential RF conflicts
- Support for latest mesh technology
For information, contact the manufacturer.