New Yorker Electronics will now be distributing the Vishay Dale IHLE-5A series of low-profile, high-current power inductors — a Vishay Super 12 Featured Product. The IHLE-5A series is an automotive-grade, high-current inductor featuring an integrated e-field shield, or “e-shield,” for reduction of electromagnetic interference (EMI).
Vishay expanded its IHLE series of low-profile, high-current inductors with these new automotive-grade devices in the 2525, 3232 and 4040 case sizes. Packaged in RoHS-compliant, 100% lead-free shielded construction, the company said the inductors offer high resistance to thermal shock, moisture, mechanical shock and vibration.
The Vishay Dale IHLE-2525CD-5A, IHLE-3232DD-5A and IHLE-4040DD-5A reduce costs and save board space by eliminating the need for separate board-level Faraday shielding. Built on Vishay’s IHLP technology, they feature high efficiency with maximum DC resistance (DCR) from 1.66 mΩ to 178 mΩ and a wide range of inductance values from 0.47 µH to 47 µH.
The Vishay Dale IHLE series contains the electric field associated with EMI in a tin-plated copper integrated shield, providing up to -20 dB of electric field reduction at 1 cm (above the center of the inductor) when the integrated shield is connected to ground. The four-terminal connection — two ground connection points for the shield — provides extra vibration performance for under-the-hood and chassis-mounted electronic circuits.
The device provides rated currents to 30 A, and handles high transient current spikes without saturation. Featuring high-temperature operation to 155° C and co-planarity of its four terminals of less than or equal to 100 µm, this AEC-Q200-qualified high current inductor is optimized for energy storage in DC/DC converters and high-current filtering for automotive engine and transmission control units, diesel injection drivers, noise suppression for motors, windshield wipers, power mirrors and seats, and HID lighting.
Features and benefits include:
- Integrated e-shields eliminate need for separate shielding
- Offered in 2525, 3232 and 4040 case sizes
- High-temperature operation to 155° C
- Co-planarity of four terminals less than or equal to 100 μm
- Handles high transient current spikes without saturation
- Excellent DC/DC energy storage up to 1 MHz to 2 MHz
- High efficiency with typical DCR from 1.55 mΩ to 167 mΩ
- Wide range of inductance values from 0.22 µH to 47 µH
- Lowest DCR/μH in this package size
- Engine and transmission control units
- Diesel injection drivers
- DC/DC converters for entertainment/navigation systems
- Motor noise suppression for windshield wipers, power seats, power mirrors, heating/ventilation blowers, HID lighting
- Energy storage DC/DC converters