Littelfuse, Inc. has introduced an expanded portfolio of silicon carbide (SiC) power semiconductor devices with the addition of five GEN2 Series 1,200 V, 3L TO-247 Schottky diodes and three GEN2 Series 1,200 V, 2L TO-263 Schottky diodes. When compared with silicon devices, GEN2 SiC Schottky diodes dramatically reduce switching losses and allow for substantial increases in the efficiency and robustness of power electronics systems. The product introduction was made during the PCIM 2018 Europe exhibition in Nuremberg.
High-efficiency benefits that SiC technologies enable offer multiple advantages to the designers of electric vehicle chargers, data center power supplies and renewable energy systems. Because the GEN2 SiC Schottky diodes dissipate less energy and can operate at higher junction temperatures than many alternative solutions, they require smaller heat sinks and enable a smaller system footprint. End-users will benefit from more compact, energy-efficient systems and a potential lower total cost of ownership.
Typical applications for GEN2 1,200 V Schottky diode series include:
- Power factor correction (PFC)
- Buck/boost stages in DC-DC converters
- Free-wheeling diodes in inverter stages (switch-mode power supplies, solar, UPS, industrial drives)
- High-frequency output rectification
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations
The 3L TO-247 GEN2 SiC Schottky diodes are available with current ratings of 10 A, 15 A, 20 A, 30 A and 40 A. The 2L TO-263 GEN2 SiC Schottky diodes are available with current ratings of 10 A, 15 A and 20 A. All have negligible reverse recovery current, accommodate high surge currents without thermal runaway and operate at junction temperatures as high as 175 degrees Celsius. They are ideal for applications that require improved efficiency and reliability and simpler thermal management than standard silicon bipolar power diodes can provide.
"These GEN2 SiC Schottky diodes in 3L TO-247 and 2L TO-263 packages complement the 1,200 V SiC MOSFETs and other GEN2 1,200 V SiC Schottky Diodes already available from Littelfuse," said Michael Ketterer, Global Product Marketing Manager, Power Semiconductors, Semiconductor Business Unit at Littelfuse. "We continue to strengthen our broad product portfolio, which, after the acquisition of IXYS, positions Littelfuse as a Tier 1 supplier for power semiconductor devices."
GEN2 Series SiC Schottky diodes are available in TO-247-3L and TO-263-2L packaging in tubes in quantities of 450. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
For More Information
Additional information is available on the:
- LSIC2SD120E10CC GEN2 SiC Schottky Diode product page
- LSIC2SD120E15CC GEN2 SiC Schottky Diode product page
- LSIC2SD120E20CC GEN2 SiC Schottky Diode product page
- LSIC2SD120E30CC GEN2 SiC Schottky Diode product page
- LSIC2SD120E40CC GEN2 SiC Schottky Diode product page
- LSIC2SD120D10 GEN2 SiC Schottky Diode product page
- LSIC2SD120D15 GEN2 SiC Schottky Diode product page
- LSIC2SD120D20 GEN2 SiC Schottky Diode product page
For technical questions, please contact: Michael Ketterer, Global Product Marketing Manager, Power Semiconductors, Semiconductor Business Unit at Littelfuse, firstname.lastname@example.org.