ABB has introduced a range of cloud-connected, three-phase string inverter solutions for cost-efficient decentralized photovoltaic systems. The PVS-100/120 platform is designed to reduce both upfront capital expenditures (CAPEX) and operational expenditure (OPEX).
Suitable for both large-scale commercial and industrial ground mounted and rooftop applications, the PVS-100/120 offers a six-in-one, sun-to-socket solution, proven to deliver scalability, flexibility, proactive plant management and ease of installation.
The new range of PVS-100/120 solar inverters optimizes total cost of ownership, to include:
- A 50 percent reduction in installation and logistics costs as fewer inverters are required to complete the optimal power block and the PVS-100/120 brings to market a solution with the largest power capacity for 1,000 VDC string inverters.
- Quick and improved user experience with fast installation, utilizing the existing module’s mounting structure to install the inverter and therefore saving time and costs on logistics, training and site preparation. Installation is controlled and managed via the Installation Wizard, installer app and wireless access, thereby reducing installation time and improving overall user experience.
Smart product design features include secure access via a cover key, PV quick connectors and configuration via Wi-Fi to eliminate the risk of water ingress and further reduce the installation time for cabling, fuse and SPD checks.
- Greater capacity without compromising on versatility through its Six MPPT input configuration, the highest available on the market, which increases PV plant design flexibility while preserving yields in complex installations. The design-friendly inverter solutions can be easily adapted for any application in large commercial rooftops and free field ground-mounted installations ensuring that installers and developers are no longer locked into legacy systems.
- Proactive control and management of the solar plant through ABB Ability™ with remote monitoring capabilities, parameter setting and firmware (FW) updates to improve reliability and operational cost efficiencies with reduced plant complexity.
The addition of ABB Ability™ further enables the delivery of monitoring upgrades and top-flight asset management to protect the customers’ investment over the total life of the plant through scalability. Full Sunspec compatibility further guarantees effortless integration with third-party systems such as dataloggers and/or SCADA systems.
- Enhanced O&M can be achieved during the operating life of the plant through key features such as internal heavy-duty inverter cooling fans, which can be easily removed during scheduled maintenance cycles.
- Component temperature control combined with the ability for horizontal and vertical mounting and fan speed modulation increases the lifetime of the inverters and reduces self-consumption of the fan unit.
- All-in-One Design with integrated string combiner box solutions with DC disconnect and AC wiring compartment, the PVS-100/120 promises to deliver costs savings as there is no need for a separate DC combiner box and fewer inverters are required to complete the optimal power block.