An LED driver with ultra-low holding current addresses compatibility issues between LED strings and fluorescent ballasts. It is able to activate the LED string and overcome the ballast requirement of a high voltage output detection during ignition.
The PLED ultra-low holding current LED driver exhibits switching electronic characteristics allowing fluorescent tubes to be replaced by LED lighting strings. The ultra-low holding current allows the device to activate the LED string while consuming far less energy.
The device is offered in a low-profile standard DO-214AA package with the following features and benefits:
- Fast switching
- Compatible with indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures
- Automatically resets after power cycle
- ESD test voltages of 30 kV (Air) and 30 kV (Contact) in accordance with IEC 61000-4-2
- ESD protection of data lines in accordance with IEC 61000-4-2
- Compatible with industrial lighting environments
- RoHS compliant and halogen-free