Teledyne Technologies has unveiled its Gas Laser with highly advanced laser technology designed to detect natural gas with the aim of enhancing safety and improving detection for fire services and first responders.
Frequently, fire personnel and first responders are called to natural gas emergencies using equipment that puts them close to potentially dangerous structures. The Gas Laser supports remote detection, allowing the operator to work at a safer distance from the hazard location. When access to a property cannot be established, the Gas Laser can operate through glass, giving the user an audible and visual indication to the presence of methane. This quick scan permits fire personnel and first responders to make rapid decisions and establish control of the gas and ignition sources should a gas escape be detected.
Main features include:
• The ability to quickly scan common venting points from a safe distance
• Detection distance 30 m (100 ft)
• Eight hours run-time
• Highly visible, sunshine resistant guide laser equipped for location accuracy
• Graphical interface for easy user interpretation
• Color camera with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and datalogging onboard
• Certified Intrinsically Safe to Class I, Division 2, Group D, T4