The GSMA announced a new online commerce platform that aims to connect the buyers and sellers in the telecommunication industry together. The platform aims to allow for the sale of a huge range of products and services that covers the industry from the SIM card to network management. The marketplace also aims to add transparency to the entire system where buyers can: Browse products from a range of companies across the major geographical regions, advertise digital requests for proposals and research sellers. Sellers can: Research the market, set up online storefronts and search for requests for proposals.
The system already claims to have 687 sellers and 120 buyers. The quantity of seller’s should add some weight behind the program. The momentum of 600 plus store fronts in one place should allow the platform to be a one stop shop.
The sellers include the likes of: ZTE, Visa, VIMPELCOM, Telefónica, NXP Semiconductors B.V, Oasis Smart Sim Inc, Morpho, Giesecke & Devrient GmbH, Ford Motor Company Ltd, Deutsche Telekom AG.
The buyers include names such as:
- Microchip Rolls First LoRa Module
- Marriage of IoT, Maker Movement Paves Way for 'Fourth Industrial Revolution'
- MWC Offers Glimpse Into Mobile’s Future
- Mobile World Congress Spotlights Next Wave of Wearables
- Ceva IP Core Upgrades Vision Processing
- Xilinx Tips 16nm FinFET FPGAs
- Altera FPGAs Accelerate Microsoft Neural Network Engine