Renesas Electronics Corp. has introduced what it claims is the world’s most integrated system-on-chip (SoC) family of Bluetooth low energy (BLE) solutions.
The DA1470x BLE family integrates a power management unit, a hardware voice activity detector, a GPU and BLE connectivity into a single chip.
The family is designed for wearables such as smartwatches and fitness trackers, glucose monitor readers and other consumer medical and healthcare devices. Other applications include home appliances with displays, industrial automation and security systems and Bluetooth consoles such as e-bikes and gaming equipment.
Renesas said the integration will result in cost savings on the bill of materials and reduces the component count on the PCB for smaller form factor designs and freeing up space for additional components or larger batteries.
Key features of the SoC family include:
- Arm Cortex-M33 processor and Cortex-M0+ as a sensor node controller.
- Integrated 2D GPU and display controller supporting DPI, JDI parallel, DBI and single/dual/quad SPI interfaces.
- Configurable MAC supporting BLE 5.2 and 2.4 GHz protocols.
- Integrated 720 mA JEITA-compliant USB charger.
- Integrated low quiescent current SIMO DC/DC converter.
- Ultra-low power hardware VAD enables seamless and always-on audio processing.