The Heico Companies announced that its subsidiary Ohmite Manufacturing has completed the acquisition of the electronic components business of Kanthal, a part of Sandvik Group. Headquartered in Amherst, New York, the acquired business provides a full line of ceramic non-inductive resistors as well as Maxcap double-layer capacitors.
Kanthal’s Globar ceramic resistor products will be combined with Ohmite’s existing A series and OX/OY series product lines to form the new Ohmite Ceramics Resistors Division. The new products will be available on a direct basis from Ohmite as well as through Ohmite’s partnership with leading electronic distributors worldwide. Ohmite further enhances its position as a global power resistor manufacturer with this strategic acquisition and now provides a complete product offering across the three leading solutions platforms including ceramic/composition, thick film and wirewound construction.
Ohmite and its affiliate ARCOL Resistor Company, based in Cornwall, U.K., supply the following resistive and thermal solutions:
• Wirewound resistors: including non-inductive products, load banks and rheostats
• Thick-film resistors: for consumer products, industrial IoT and transportation
• Ceramic/composition resistors: for high-voltage and high-pulse needs
• Thin-film resistors: including most of the popular global sizes
• Heat sinks: enabling a better interface with components to increase efficiencies
• Value-added components: customized thermal products are available
• Chassis/aluminum-housed resistors: for heavy industry and transportation
• Capacitors: high energy density capacitors