Littelfuse Inc. has introduced higher voltage AEC-Q101-qualified TVS diodes optimized to protect sensitive automotive circuitry from damaging surges and electrostatic discharges. Because it combines up to 600 watts of peak pulse power dissipation with fast response, the TPSMB series automotive TVS diode offers circuit designers a high-voltage, single-component circuit protection solution.
The devices also eliminate the need to use multiple TVS diodes in series to provide adequate protection, and can simplify printed circuit board design and improve reliability. With a standoff voltage range from 10 V to 550 V for both unidirectional and bidirectional forms, the series is ideal for the protection of I/O interfaces, Vcc bus and other vulnerable circuits.
Typical applications for TPSMB series TVS ciodes include:
• Automotive electronic control units (ECUs).
• BCMs/LIN Bus/CAN Bus.
• Automotive sensors.
• On-board entertainment systems.
• Xenon head lamp ignitors.
• IGBT active clamping in HVAC and convertor/invertor systems.
• Series battery protection in battery management systems (BMSs).
“Both unidirectional and bidirectional AEC-Q101 qualified TPSMB Series TVS Diodes can now deliver higher voltage protection in a standard DO-214AA SMB package,” said Charlie Cai, global product manager, electronics business unit at Littelfuse. “The combination of higher voltage protection and a small footprint means circuit designers don’t need to reserve additional circuit board space to accommodate multiple TVS Diodes.”
TPSMB series automotive TVS diodes offer these key benefits:
• 600 W peak pulse power dissipation rating is popular for automotive applications.
• AEC-Q101 qualified devices are well-suited for applications that demand high reliability.
• Compact DO‑214AA package allows for quick and easy PCB layout.
• 10 V to 550 V standoff voltage range meets automotive design requirements and addresses needs of IGBT active clamping and Xenon head lamp ignitor protection.
• Compliance with IEC 61000-4-2 and IEC 610000-4-4 helps designers meet global regulatory standards.
TPSMB series automotive TVS diodes are available in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.