Our Website may, from time to time contain links to and from Our Website relating to our Content Providers, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not take responsibility or liability for these website policies. Please check with these policies prior to submission of any personal data.
What Information Do We Collect?
By using IEEE GlobalSpec products, you consent to allow IEEE GlobalSpec to collect and process the following data about you:
- Profile Information: A user may be asked to register on Our Website in order to receive access to additional content, website features and programs or to request further services. Our primary goal in collecting profile information (which may include your name and/or the following business - and not home or personal - information: title, address, phone number, fax number and email address) is to provide you with the most relevant content and services, and to offer you opportunities to obtain other products and services from us and our partners, advertisers and participating suppliers.
- Registration information you enter to use certain services (i.e., webcasts and white papers, or through surveys, online events and/or subscription to e-Newsletters or Product Alerts.
Other Information we collect
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Where required a system test to determine whether you can view a webcast or events from your computer. This information is used to optimize the viewing experience and to troubleshoot event webcast viewing problems. We do not collect or retain personally identifiable information in conducting these tests.
- We may collect statistical data about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
You can find out more about "cookies" on our cookies reference page.
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To enable IEEE GlobalSpec to tailor our content to user interests in an effective manner and to help our advertisers better understand the audience they are reaching.
- To provide you with information, products and services that you request from IEEE GlobalSpec or which we feel may be of interest to you based on your selections to receive certain services.
- To carry out our obligations in relation to any services you have registered to attend, via Our Website and to allow both IEEE GlobalSpec and its third parties to contact you relating to the provision of these services.
- We use third party email addresses provided for the "email a friend" feature only for the purpose of sending e-Newsletters, Product Alerts or event invitations to a subscriber-specified third party, and for no other purpose.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about any changes in our service.
- IEEE GlobalSpec may use your data to provide you with information on products and services which may be of interest to you based on your registration of certain IEEE GlobalSpec products and services on our Website.
In certain circumstances, permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information on products and services which may be of interest to you, based on your registration of certain IEEE GlobalSpec products and services on our Website.
- We provide aggregate information about our users in summary reports to our advertisers. The type of information included in a summary report is "3,000 people looked for part number 123 this week, and of those people 60% clicked through to a certain webpage." This aggregated information is anonymous and does not disclose to the content providers, advertisers, prospective advertisers, and partners any profile information about the individual users who saw or clicked on their reports. Employees of IEEE GlobalSpec use this aggregated information to understand usage behaviors in their efforts to create a better user experience or to optimize page designs.
- If you do not want use to use your data in this way, or to pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes, please modify your user information by visiting Our Website and clicking on the Manage My Account link located in the upper-right of each page of the site.
- You may have your personal information removed from the system by contacting our user experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Can You Opt Out of Use and Disclosure of Your Information?
During the registration process, we may also allow users the option to opt-in and/or opt-out of receiving communication (via email, post or telephone) from any member of our group, which will include but not limited to our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its wholly owned subsidiaries. Users who opt-in may also remove themselves from emailing lists at any time through the edit profile pages or by following the instructions at the end of any email received from the IEEE GlobalSpec or a group company within IEEE GlobalSpec.
Note: If you choose not to provide certain profile information when registering for a site, certain products or services may not be available to you.
Access and Updating of Information
The instructions to review, amend, or delete your information may be found in the edit profile area on any of Our Websites. Users may change information at any time and as often as necessary. Users who are experiencing problems with our services or who have questions about how our services work can contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com.
Registration Password: Should you elect to subscribe and register to services, you will be asked to select a unique user name and password to access Our Website.
We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. IEEE GlobalSpec never asks for passwords in unsolicited phone calls or unsolicited emails.
Business Transfers: If all or part of IEEE GlobalSpec, is sold, merged or otherwise transferred to another entity, the profile information and activity data that you have provided to us may be transferred as part of that transaction.
Amendments: IEEE GlobalSpec may modify or amend this policy from time to time.
201 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Attention: User Services
We will investigate your complaint and respond to you promptly.