A new expansion card has been released for ClipperCreek’s HCS product line of charging stations. COSMOS® is an option for the Level 2, 240-volt ClipperCreek HCS Series and can be added to any HCS Series charging station for $184.
COSMOS was designed for developers, system operators and system integrators and features a simple digital load management interface, as well as a universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter (UART) serial communication interface for more advanced connection to third party monitoring and control systems.
Available UART Serial commands include:
- Set electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) pilot (available power) level — 5 levels
- Monitor vehicle connected status
- Monitor EVSE active/inactive status
- View advanced EVSE diagnostics information
- System defaults to hardwired digital load management if serial communication is lost
The digital load management interface features four levels of output power control and optically-coupled open collector output — pulled low when EVSE makes power available for charging.
COSMOS allows users to easily add EV charging to existing building and energy management or other control infrastructure.