Acquired Electronics360

Electronics and Semiconductors

Honda and Hitachi Form New Company to Manufacture Electric Motors

03 July 2017

Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd. and Honda Motor Co., Ltd. have established a joint venture company for the development, manufacture and sales of motors for electric vehicles (EVs).

The new company, known as Hitachi Automotive Systems, will be based in Hitachinaka-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture. The joint venture stems from an original agreement back in March, and the new company will receive a financial grant from Ibaraki Prefecture for the project.

The joint venture will be owned by Hitachi with a 51 percent stake with Honda owning the remaining 49 percent. The company will seek to provide electric vehicle motors for the growing global demand from consumers for alternatives to the internal combustion engine vehicles. The companies say they will leverage technologies from the two companies in order to develop a competitive motor for use by automotive OEMS.

To contact the author of this article, email Peter.Brown@ieeeglobalspec.com


Powered by CR4, the Engineering Community

Discussion – 0 comments

By posting a comment you confirm that you have read and accept our Posting Rules and Terms of Use.
Engineering Newsletter Signup
Get the Engineering360
Stay up to date on:
Features the top stories, latest news, charts, insights and more on the end-to-end electronics value chain.
Advertisement
Weekly Newsletter
Get news, research, and analysis
on the Electronics industry in your
inbox every week - for FREE
Sign up for our FREE eNewsletter
Advertisement

CALENDAR OF EVENTS

Date Event Location
30 Nov-01 Dec 2017 Helsinki, Finland
23-27 Apr 2018 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
18-22 Jun 2018 Honolulu, Hawaii
Find Free Electronics Datasheets
Advertisement