The pressure transducers are compatible with many next-generation, low-global warming-potential (GWP) refrigerants. As the lowest GWP, nonflammable, refrigerant alternative to Rë404A and Rë22 reportedly available today, Solstice N40 is widely requested by companies committed to sustainable development. It has a GWP that is 68 percent lower than the current, most commonly used supermarket refrigerant, Rë404A. In supermarket trials conducted in the U.S. and Europe, Solstice N40 demonstrated three percent lower energy consumption in low-temperature applications, and five to 16 percent lower energy consumption in medium-temperature applications compared to Rë404A.
The line expands the sensors’ pressure range from 1 bar to 50 bar (15 psi to 700 psi). In addition, the PX3 series also offers:
- Freeze-thaw resistance to frost, which is commonly found in refrigeration systems
- High electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) radiated immunity to operate consistently in the presence of wireless signals, radio frequency communication and electrical devices
- Shock and vibration tolerance
- Wide operating temperature range
- Durable design with a high surge immunity at ±1000V line to ground per IEC 61000ë4ë5.