By utilizing the Transcend® system of enabling “network intelligent” components, lighting fixture companies in the Alliance will make a large variety of fixture types available to the market. This provides lighting designers and architects with a wider range of fixture choices, making it easier for them to choose fixtures that are not only appropriate for the building type, but also align with and enhance the brand image of the company that owns or leases the building. With the Transcend® system, LED lighting fixtures become intelligent and connected.
From LED lighting to the network that supports it, Molex can integrate the entire system. As a Cisco Solutions Technology Integrator (STI), Molex can design and deploy the optimum system integration of Cisco network technology and Molex network connectivity and middleware expertise. In February 2016, Molex was named an inaugural partner in Cisco’s Digital Ceiling Framework, an ecosystem of companies committed to industry standards, open architecture and unified infrastructure for indoor building networks.
The Transcend® system is an intelligent, low-voltage system network that both powers and controls in-building objects that are intelligent, such as LED lighting. The overall system-enabling components include Molex Transcend® PoE Gateways, sensors, cables and software as well as luminaries and networking infrastructure from Alliance partners. As Alliance partners, the companies will strive for seamless integration and testing that assures that components will work end to end.
Inaugural members of the Transcend® Alliance are:
- JLC Tech LLC, Pembroke, MA, maker of the T-BAR LED Smartlight™, and a designer and manufacturer of other lighting products utilizing LED technology.
- MHT Lighting, Staten Island, NY, a leading manufacturer of energy- efficient products, including induction and LED lighting and power- management optimization systems. The company is an ISO 9001- approved facility.
- New Star Lighting, Chicago, a division of 555 International, a leading luminaire manufacturer that offers several products with LED light sources and is developing LED light options for the vast majority of its products.
- Spectrum Lighting Inc., Fall River, MA, a designer and manufacturer of commercial and architectural lighting fixtures.
- Swann Lighting Ltd., Lincoln, UK, a manufacturer that specializes in customer-specific luminaires, and refurbishing and re-testing existing equipment.
- Waldmann USA, Wheeling, IL, a developer and manufacturer of professional lighting for industrial, architectural and medical applications.