Acquired Electronics360

Lighting

Lumileds Well Positioned in Lighting Market

07 April 2015

GO Scale Capital, an investment fund sponsored by GSR Ventures and Oak Investment Partners, announced today that it will acquire an 80.1 percent interest in Philips' combined LED components and Automotive lighting business, with Philips retaining the remaining 19.9 percent interest.

The new owners of Lumileds will acquire a company that began 2015 in a strong position, after gaining market share in 2014. According to the IHS LED Intelligence Service, while the overall packaged LED revenue only grew by single digits from 2013 to 2014, Lumileds surged ahead, with an estimated growth of over 20 percent. Along with MLS, based in China, Lumileds was one of only two of the top 10 suppliers to record growth of more than 20 percent. Lumileds's market share increased from 5 percent in 2013 to 6 percent in 2014.

Read More

Questions or comments on this story? Contact peter.brown@globalspec.com

Related links:

IHS Lighting & LEDs

News articles:



Powered by CR4, the Engineering Community

Discussion – 0 comments

By posting a comment you confirm that you have read and accept our Posting Rules and Terms of Use.
Engineering Newsletter Signup
Get the Engineering360
Stay up to date on:
Features the top stories, latest news, charts, insights and more on the end-to-end electronics value chain.
Advertisement
Weekly Newsletter
Get news, research, and analysis
on the Electronics industry in your
inbox every week - for FREE
Sign up for our FREE eNewsletter
Advertisement

CALENDAR OF EVENTS

Date Event Location
30 Nov-01 Dec 2017 Helsinki, Finland
23-27 Apr 2018 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
18-22 Jun 2018 Honolulu, Hawaii
Find Free Electronics Datasheets
Advertisement