Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) have been receiving an increasing amount of attention as innovative networking architecture solutions since the second half of 2013. These virtualization technologies achieved “buzz” status with several significant announcements at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in March.
At MWC, NTT DOCOMO announced plans for commercially deploying NFV in its networks in Japan beginning in March 2016. Telefonica and HP announced that HP will be a key technology provider for Telefonica's Unica network virtualization project with the carrier’s stated goal to virtualize 30 percent of its new infrastructure by 2016. Other OEMs including VMware, Oracle, Juniper Networks and F5 Networks also showcased their NFV solutions at MWC2015.
- Microchip Rolls First LoRa Module
- Marriage of IoT, Maker Movement Paves Way for 'Fourth Industrial Revolution'
- MWC Offers Glimpse Into Mobile’s Future
- Mobile World Congress Spotlights Next Wave of Wearables
- Ceva IP Core Upgrades Vision Processing
- Xilinx Tips 16nm FinFET FPGAs
- Altera FPGAs Accelerate Microsoft Neural Network Engine