Ben Keen, VP of Consumer, Media, and telecommunications at IHS, discusses the growing role of video in strategies of players in today’s mobile ecosystem. He examines the market disruption caused by OTT (over-the-top) business models, the ubiquity of smartphones and tablets (including the relevance of personal viewing) and the resultant development of multiscreen strategies by TV companies, and the growing necessity of offering Multiplay services (mobile, fixed line broadband & telephony, and TV) by mobile operators.
Ben Keen is responsible for directing all IHS research into the market demand for TMT products and services. He leads a team of 65 expert analysts around the world who work on both IHS branded products and services. Renowned for his insight and vision, Ben is one of the most sought-after speakers on the international conference circuit. He has delivered over 500 presentations and lectures, including keynote addresses at many international conventions. Additionally, he has contributed articles to more than 20 different books, magazines and newspapers.
For more information, please visit the IHS Technology website.
- IHS Technology Telecommunications Page
- What's the Importance of the Mobile Industry?
- The New World Order of Smartphone Designs and Costs
- Mobile and Related Technologies Revolutionizing Our World
- Understanding the Forthcoming Changes in Mobile Memory
- Exclusive Video Teardown: Microsoft Surface Pro 2
- ISSCC: FDSOI Takes DSP Down to 400mV
- Q4 PC Shipments Disappoint as Anticipated Uptick Proves a No-show
- Semiconductor Sales Up 4.8 Percent in 2013