Andrew Rassweiler, senior director of cost benchmarking at IHS, provides his viewpoint on the technical and financial dimensions of the mobile handset market. He discusses the shifting dynamics of mobile handset competition including the dominance of Apple and Samsung, the growing influence of emerging Chinese manufacturers, and the overall balance between features and price point.
Rassweiler manages the cost benchmarking services at IHS, which includes the teardown service as well as Component Price Tracker™, and Component Health Watch™ services. Andrew also contributes as Sr. Principal Analyst for the teardown service. He is often cited in All Things Digital (part of the Wall Street Journal’s digital network), and has made numerous appearances on Bloomberg West to discuss the cost structures of popular electronic devices. He has extensive knowledge on a wide variety of electronic systems and components.
For more information, please visit the IHS Technology website.
- Mobile and Related Technologies Revolutionizing Our World
- Understanding the Forthcoming Changes in Mobile Memory
- IHS Technology Telecommunications Page
- Exclusive Video Teardown: Microsoft Surface Pro 2
- ISSCC: FDSOI Takes DSP Down to 400mV
- Q4 PC Shipments Disappoint as Anticipated Uptick Proves a No-show
- Semiconductor Sales Up 4.8 Percent in 2013