Distributor Master Electronics has acquired Electro Sonic, a Canadian electronic and electrical distributor, the companies announced.
Electro Sonic has been serving the Canadian market for more than 60 years and will continue to operate under the Electro Sonic name.
Electro Sonic, based in Markham, Ontario, is an authorized distributor for 150 suppliers, including Alpha, Belden, ebm-papst, Hammond, Hoffman, Honeywell Sensing & Control, Panduit, Samtec and Weidm?ller, among others. Electro Sonic serves Canada’s OEM and contract manufacturers with sales locations in Toronto, Montréal and Vancouver.
Jamil Nizam, Master Electronics president, said Electro Sonic’s reputation of “customer focus and deep supplier relationships is something we will be proud to carry on.”
Master Electronics, based in Santa Monica, Calif., is an authorized electronic component distributor with 350,000 in-stock part numbers. Master has nine sales branches in North America and two sales branches in Asia.
Master is franchised for more than 230 suppliers, including ebm-papst, C&K Components, Honeywell Sensing & Control, Panasonic and TE Connectivity.
- Lenovo Recalls ThinkPad Battery Packs
- Future to Sell Cymbet Solid-State Batteries
- Sapphire Selects Symmetry as Distribution Partner
- Spansion Inks Distribution Deal with Excelpoint
- Vicor Extends Custom Power Business to Europe
- Distributor Inventory Key to Managing Supply Chain Risk
- DNA Marking for Fighting the Fakes
- Updated: Point/Counterpoint: Two Views on DNA Marking
- Rochester to Sell NXP EOL Parts; RS Components Stocks New Capacitors
- Removing Obstacles: Distributors Expand Services