QNX and Qualcomm announced that the companies will implement support for the high-performance video and graphics capabilities of Snapdragon Automotive Solutions in the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment.
This is the first automotive implementation of the Snapdragon Automotive Solutions and it is being demonstrated in the QNX reference vehicle, a Jeep Wrangler, at the Consumer Electronics Show. Snapdragon Automotive Solutions include the Qualcomm Snapdragon 602A applications processor with support for high-res graphics and HMIs, facial, gesture and voice recognition, audio processing and image stitching, and multiple HD displays and cameras.
Qualcomm Gobi 3G/4G LTE modems bring multimode cellular connectivity, and Qualcomm VIVE adds in-car Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. In the QNX reference vehicle, the Snapdragon Automotive Solutions will power a digital instrument cluster and a multimedia head unit based on the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment; the head unit applications include 3D maps, natural speech recognition, geolocation, OTA software updates, and cloud-based vehicle data analytics.
- CES: Ford Announces Automotive Developer Conference
- CES: Ambarella Unveils HD 360 View Automotive Camera Solution
- DNA Marking for Fighting the Fakes
- Point/Counterpoint: Two Views on DNA Marking
- Ten Startups to Follow in 2014
- $10 Billion Pledged for Globalfoundries in New York
- Chip Sales Rise for Ninth Straight Month