- Barebones low-end box
- DishNetwork subscriber box - aimed at being secondary receiver
- Smart card reader
- On-screen electronic programming guide
Although we decided to go with a total production volume assumption of 5Mpcs - a significant increase or decrease in production volume assumption typically bears little effect on the total costs in our analyses, as most tooling and other amortized setup costs become very low in the 1Mps+ quantity assumptions.
- Main MPEG decoder / core processor (Conexant CX24154) - $10.85
- Front-End Receiver / Tuner Combination (Broadcom BCM4500 and BCM3440) - $8.40
- Memory - (ST Micro, Flash - 32M & Samsung SDRAM 64M) - $4.90
- Main PCB (substrate) - $2.60
- Interface - (Conexant - DAA Line Side IC) - $2.20
Design - Very simple construction - only a main PCB (no front panel PCB) - with integrated power supply on main PCB. The enclosure consists of injected molded plastics - no formed metals. The low costs in this box are a reflection of a low-end box with very few features - no extra connectors and limited user interface (3 buttons) keep it simple. Low component counts keep the overall manufacturing and material costs low.