Littelfuse Inc. has introduced a series of AEC-Q101-qualified TVS diode arrays optimized to protect automotive controller area network (CAN) lines from damage due to electrostatic discharges (ESDs), electrical fast transients (EFTs) and other overvoltage transients.
AQ24CANFD series TVS diode arrays can absorb repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum level specified in industry standards without performance degradation, and can safely withstand 3 A surges at a very low clamping voltage. Like a growing number of devices designed for use in automotive electronics, the AQ24CANFD series is PPAP-capable, which means Littelfuse uses the production part approval process to confirm that the device’s supplier understands the design specifications and has a process capable of producing product to meet these requirements, during an actual production run, at the quoted production rate.
Automotive applications for AQ24CANFD series TVS diode arrays include protecting:
· Drive-by-wire (CAN BUS) lines
· Engine control modules
· Anti-lock brakes
· Air bag and other safety circuits
· Electronic control units
· Body control units
· ADAS control units
· Power train control units
They are also suitable for factory automation and lightning control (DALI) applications.
AQ24CANFD series TVS diode arrays offer these key benefits:
· Enhanced ESD (21 kV) and surge (3 A) protection in excess of industry standards allows for worry-free use in demanding automotive environments.
· Low dynamic resistance (0.5 Ω RDYN) provides for a 10 percent reduction in clamping voltage when compared to similar market solutions for superior clamping performance.
· Low capacitance (11.5 pF typ.) helps preserve signal integrity and minimize data loss.
AQ24CANFD series TVS diode arrays are available in surface-mount SOT23-3 packaging in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
For More Information
Additional information is available on the AQ24CANFD SeriesTVS Diode Array product page. For technical questions, please contact Tim Micun, business development manager, TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes) at firstname.lastname@example.org.