Automotive designer and manufacturer Fisker Inc. is unveiling the Fisker EMotion luxury electric sedan for the first time in public at CES 2018 in Las Vegas, starting Jan. 9 at booth #3315. To complement this global debut, the patent-pending Fisker Flexible Solid-State Battery will also be on display. The battery technology delivers 2.5 times the energy density of lithium-ion batteries, significantly improving electric vehicle (EV) range and charge times.
Fisker EMotion specs:
- ◦EV Range: 400 miles
- Top Speed: (Estimated) 161 mph
- All-Wheel Drive
- 24" Low Rolling Resistant Pirelli Tires
- Optional lightweight Carbon barrel wheels
- 5 Integrated Quanergy LiDARs For Autonomous Driving Capability (Up to L4)
- Patented S3 Solid-State LiDAR Sensors: Designed to provide the highest level of performance, reliability, durability and dependability required in safety-critical automotive situations
- Unparalleled Awareness: Only LiDAR with sensor hardware and perception software (The vehicle senses and perceives surroundings – detecting and classifying objects for real-time reaction)
- Carbon Fiber and Aluminum Lightweight Construction
- Front Brand Identity Design: Vehicle crafted around the LiDARs (Rather than an antiquated radiator)
- Front LiDAR Integrated Flush Behind Front Wheel
- Rear LiDAR Hidden in Lower Rear Rocker Panel
- Doors Open/Close Controlled by Smartphone – With Exterior Unmovable Flush Touch Handles (Illuminated handles; discreet inner levers and touch panel closes)
- Lower Exterior: Aero features, front spoiler, side rocker panels and rear diffuser in exposed lightweight carbon fiber
- Ultra-Soft Premium Leather
- Interior Color: Caramel and Midnight Black (Fisker was the first automotive brand to offer a vegan interior as an option – and will do so again with the EMotion)
- Three Driver-Oriented Screens, With Center Curved Screen
- Inductive Charging Ports and Special Holders For Four Smartphones (Partially visible)
- Carbon Fiber Center Console with Additional Storage Space for Tablets and Accessories
- Four Individual, Electric Adjustable First-Class Seats
- Optional 27" Curved Rear Screen For "Chauffeur Edition"
- Five Seats, Rear Bench Option
- Individual Four Zone Electric Adjustable Tinted Roof: Electrochromic Glass in Collaboration with Lipik
Fisker Flexible Solid-State Charging Technology:
- Fisker's scientists, including the former co-founder of global battery tech pioneer Sakti3, filed patents on flexible, superior energy density solid-state batteries.
- Fisker's solid-state batteries will feature three-dimensional electrodes with 2.5 times the energy density of lithium-ion batteries.
- Breakthrough technology will enable dramatically longer ranges of more than 500 miles on a single charge and charging times as low as one minute – faster than filling up a gas tank.